CALL US TODAY
Molds live in the soil, on plants, and on dead or decaying matter. Outdoors, molds play a key role in the breakdown of leaves, wood, and other plant debris. Molds belong to the kingdom Fungi, and unlike plants, they lack chlorophyll and must survive by digesting plant materials, using plant and other organic materials for food. Without molds, our environment would be overwhelmed with large amounts of dead plant matter.
Molds produce tiny spores to reproduce, just as some plants produce seeds. These mold spores can be found in both indoor and outdoor air, and settled on indoor and outdoor surfaces. When mold spores land on a damp spot, they may begin growing with in 24HRS and digesting whatever they are growing on in order to survive. Since molds gradually destroy the things they grow on, you can prevent further damage to building materials and furnishings by having a mold inspection performed and detecting the problem early.
Moisture control is the key to mold control. Molds need both food and water to survive, since molds can digest most things, water is the factor that limits mold growth. Molds will often grow in damp or wet areas indoors. Common sites for indoor mold growth include bathroom tile, basement walls, areas around windows where moisture condenses, and near leaky water fountains or sinks. Common sources or causes of water or moisture problems include roof leaks, deferred maintenance, condensation associated with high humidity or cold spots in the building, localized flooding due to plumbing failures or heavy rains, slow leaks in plumbing fixtures, and malfunction or poor design of humidification systems.
Uncontrolled humidity can also be a source of moisture leading to mold growth, particularly in hot, humid climates. Microbial Volatile Organic Compounds (mVOCs). Some compounds produced by molds are volatile and are released directly into the air. These are known as microbial volatile organic compounds (mVOCs). Because these compounds often have strong and/or unpleasant odors, they can be the source of odors associated with molds. Exposure to mVOCs from molds has been linked to symptoms such as headaches, nasal irritation, dizziness, fatigue, and nausea.
All molds have the potential to cause health effects. Molds produce allergens, irritants, and in some cases, toxins that may cause reactions in humans. The types and severity of symptoms depend, in part, on the types of mold present, the extent of an individual's exposure, the ages of the individuals, and their existing sensitivities or allergies. Health problems, such as headaches, breathing difficulties, skin irritation, allergic reactions, and aggravation of asthma symptoms, all of these symptoms could potentially be associated with mold exposure.
Discretion and confidentiality are important for all our clients. Our team will arrive on site with unmarked vans and complete the job in a thorough and safe manner.
Always keep yourself, children, employees and others out of the affected area. Due to the health risks associated with mold exposure, it is best to have mold remediation conducted as soon as possible.
Attempts to kill or encapsulate mold by spraying techniques are not adequate. Our procedures focus on physically removing the mold prior to performing other treatments. Remember, if you can see mold, there is likely a lot more mold that you cannot see.
The remediation process goes beyond the removal of moldy walls, floors, or ceilings. The affected area needs to be cleaned, sanitized, disinfected, sanded, and dehumidified.